Explore a wide range of interdisciplinary solutions and interventions as they relate to social isolation and loneliness. With the uncertainty of COVID-19, this is an increasingly high concern for people who are ill and their caregivers.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss social isolation as it relates to COVID-19 and terminal illness in general
- Differentiate and connect social isolation and loneliness
- List two counseling interventions to address social isolation and loneliness
- Describe five programming ideas that address social isolation, including the use of volunteers
- Address the relationship between social isolation and bereavement risk and provide helpful interventions and solutions
While social isolation has become the “new normal” for many, it can be particularly difficult for people who are ill and their caregivers. Assessing social isolation pre-COVID-19 was a key criterion for medium- to high-risk bereavement risk assessments. What this means now is that many families are at medium to high risk at the time of admission. This webinar will review common challenges associated with isolation, including higher than normal levels of anxiety and distress. It will also explore a wide range of interdisciplinary solutions and interventions.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don’t Miss the Other 2021 Hospice Social Worker & Chaplain Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for all team members, including management, leadership, and volunteer managers. Time will be spent on counseling interventions, including variations that all team members can use.
- Organizational assessment
- Team discussion guide
- Sample programming ideas for all disciplines that address social isolation
- Additional slides/handout to use for ongoing staff and volunteer training
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of references, bibliography, and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.