Because the pandemic brought many challenges, Medicare temporarily lifted the 5% requirement to lessen the burden. However, valuable services were lost. This program will take a look at lessons learned and how to move forward with a strong volunteer program that can withstand whatever the future brings.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List five things agencies could have done better with volunteer programs during COVID-19
- Ease the burden of social isolation for patients and families by using five specific volunteer services
- Describe the importance of using professional volunteers during challenging times
- Create dynamic volunteer programs going forward by understanding the lessons learned
- Articulate a vision for the use of volunteers as dynamic members of the interdisciplinary team
Extremely stressful and challenging situations often provide growth and learning opportunities. Such is the case with COVID-19 and hospice care. One difficult situation we knew about pre-COVID-19 is that social isolation often accompanies a diagnosis of a serious illness. What have we learned this past year about the role of volunteers in addressing social isolation? Plenty! This webinar will explore lessons learned from the pandemic and how to maximize the use of hospice volunteers, especially during difficult times. This is the first webinar of a three-part series. Attend parts two and three to learn more about what counts towards the 5% and creating a volunteer program that meets today’s unique needs.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don’t Miss the Other Get Volunteers Back on Track Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all hospice leadership, including volunteer managers, team leaders, and the senior leadership team. Volunteers and staff members in key roles will also benefit.
- List of specific roles (volunteer programs and services) for volunteers that will address social isolation now and moving forward
- Program self-evaluation
- Volunteer program development guide
- Sample position descriptions
- Sample policies/procedures and training outline
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.