Are you confident your organization is HIPAA compliant when emailing and texting with patients and peers? Noncompliance can result in regulatory fines, compromised EPHI, and lost revenues. Learn how to create a HIPAA-compliant electronic communications program for your agency.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use HIPAA’s Privacy Rule and Security Rule to send compliant email and texts
- Minimize HIPAA compliance risks triggered by mobile device use
- Manage patient records and rights when communicating electronically
- Protect confidential, sensitive information acquired, used, and transmitted electronically
- Create best practices-based policies and legally defensible procedures governing email and texting
- Enforce email rules among onsite and remote employees
- Benefit from expert advice and compliance tips
HIPAA’s Privacy Rule and Security Rule allow hospices and home care agencies to communicate with and about patients via email and text messaging. HIPAA compliance is mandatory and noncompliance can result in regulatory fines, compromised EPHI, and lost revenues. Are you confident your organization is lawfully using email and text messages to communicate with patients and peers? Do you manage confidential, sensitive information in accordance with HIPAA and state record retention laws? Do staff adhere to email and texting rules when working remotely? Have you implemented policies, procedures, and training to ensure compliant handling of messages by employees and business associates?
Join this webinar for a comprehensive look at email and texting risks, rules, and best practices. Leave armed with a sample Confidential and Sensitive Information Policy, tools, and strategies designed to create a HIPAA-compliant electronic communications program.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for clinical directors, nurses, human resources staff, and administrators. Anyone communicating medical information via email and text messaging will benefit, including IT, lawyers, and records managers.
- Sample healthcare policy addressing confidential, sensitive information
- Healthcare record retention guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.