The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is a statewide public benefit organization helping to ensure Oregonians have access to high quality hospice and palliative care as they near the end of life.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is committed to improving the quality of life for Oregonians at the end of life and supporting the hospice and palliative care organizations that provide care. The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association’s services include public and professional education, advocacy, research, consultation and leadership.
- To build and facilitate a strong cooperative network of providers and other existing resources at the state, national and international level.
- To provide a steady flow of relevant information and communication among existing and evolving hospice and palliative care groups.
- To promote research to improve the care of terminally-ill Oregonians and their families.
- To participate in the collection of data on end of life care on a national basis.
- To encourage the completion of POLST forms for all hospice and palliative care patients at the time of admission or enrollment.
- To promote a clear understanding of the hospice and palliative care philosophy and services for health care professionals and the community at large.
- To respond to requests for and to initiate the provision of information about hospice and palliative care.
- To promote hospice and palliative care services in underserved populations.
- To offer regulatory guidance to hospice and palliative care programs.
- To establish OHPCA as a leadership organization in the realm of end of life education.
- To keep all member providers of hospice and palliative care services aware of new developments in standards.
- To provide education and support for programs to remain compliant with standards and quality measures.
- To maintain a position of advocacy for highest quality of hospice & palliative care.
- To monitor, respond and provide input into health care legislation and regulation relevant to hospice & palliative care.
- To provide adequate funding for maintenance and growth of the organization.
Board of Directors
2023 Board Officers
Chair: Katie Adkison, RN, CHPN, Manager, Asante Hospice, Medford
Chair Elect: Jessica Fishman, MSW, LCSW, Hospice Senior Manager, Social Work, Bereavement and Volunteer Services, Providence Hospice Oregon, Portland
Treasurer: Elise Bouneff, Senior Vice President, Relationship Banking, Heritage Bank, Portland
Secretary: Theresa Karlik, Samaritan Evergreen Hospice, Newport
CEO: Barb Hansen, MA, RN, Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association, Portland
2023 Board Members
- Erin Collins, CHPCN, Program Director, The Peaceful Presence Project, Bend
- Nicole Elovitz, Vice President of Marketing, Rivet Health, Portland
- JJ Furuno, PhD, MS, BS, Assoc. Professor, OSU College of Pharmacy, OHSU, Portland
- Greg Hagfors, CEO, Partners in Care, Bend
- Robert Macauley, MD, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Portland
- Ruth Medak, MD, FACP, Legacy Hospice & Palliative Care Services, Portland
- Vanessa Noonan, RN, Regional Director of Quality, Bristol Hospice – Oregon, Washington, Northern California
- Mary Lou True, Senior Vice President – HR, Moda Health, Portland
- Tracy Villarreal, LCSW, CPHQ, CEO, Care Partners OR, Portland
Annual Report for 2019-2020
Annual Report for 2016
Annual Report for 2018
Annual Report for 2015
Annual Report for 2017
Annual Report for 2014