The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is a statewide public benefit organization helping to ensure Oregonians have access to high quality hospice and palliative care as they near the end of life.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is committed to improving the quality of life for Oregonians at the end of life and supporting the hospice and palliative care organizations that provide care. The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association’s services include public and professional education, advocacy, research, consultation and leadership.
- To build and facilitate a strong cooperative network of providers and other existing resources at the state, national and international level.
- To provide a steady flow of relevant information and communication among existing and evolving hospice and palliative care groups.
- To promote research to improve the care of terminally-ill Oregonians and their families.
- To participate in the collection of data on end of life care on a national basis.
- To encourage the completion of POLST forms for all hospice and palliative care patients at the time of admission or enrollment.
- To promote a clear understanding of the hospice and palliative care philosophy and services for health care professionals and the community at large.
- To respond to requests for and to initiate the provision of information about hospice and palliative care.
- To promote hospice and palliative care services in underserved populations.
- To offer regulatory guidance to hospice and palliative care programs.
- To establish OHPCA as a leadership organization in the realm of end of life education.
- To keep all member providers of hospice and palliative care services aware of new developments in standards.
- To provide education and support for programs to remain compliant with standards and quality measures.
- To maintain a position of advocacy for highest quality of hospice & palliative care.
- To monitor, respond and provide input into health care legislation and regulation relevant to hospice & palliative care.
- To provide adequate funding for maintenance and growth of the organization.
Board of Directors
2020 Board Officers
Chair: Margaret Thornburg, Senior Director, Claims, Customer Service & Configuration, Moda Health, Portland
Chair Elect & Treasurer: Jad Hamdan, Northwest Funding Group, Portland
Secretary: Nicole Elovitz, MBA, Director, Product Marketing, Cambia Health Solutions, Portland
CEO: Barb Hansen, MA, RN, CWON, Oregon Hospice Association, Portland
2020 Board Members
- Katie Adkison, RN, CHPN, Manager, Asante Hospice, Medford
- Jessica Fishman, MSW, LCSW, Social Work Supervisor, Providence Hospice, Portland
- JJ Furuno, PhD, MS, BS, Assoc. Professor, OSU College of Pharmacy, OHSU, Portland
- Theresa Karlik, Samaritan Evergreen Hospice, Newport
- Robert Macauley, MD, Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Portland
- Gail Mueller, RN, BSN, CHPN, Administrator, Legacy Hospice, Portland
- Katie H. Stowers, DO, Physician, OHSU, Portland Veterans Healthcare System
Annual Report for 2018
Annual Report for 2017
Annual Report for 2016
Annual Report for 2015
Annual Report for 2014
Annual Report for 2013