The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is a statewide public benefit organization helping to ensure Oregonians have access to high quality hospice and palliative care as they near the end of life.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is committed to improving the quality of life for Oregonians at the end of life and supporting the hospice and palliative care organizations that provide care. The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association’s services include public and professional education, advocacy, research, consultation and leadership.
Save the Date
- September 24-October 19, 2020: Palliative Care Institute at Western Washington University would like to share information about a “Palliative Care Across Cultures” series of free upcoming webinars. Click HERE to learn more.
- September 30, 2020: “New Options In Palliative Care: Psilocybin Therapy” webinar. Register HERE.
- November 10, 2020: In This Together virtual group begins, ending December 8.
- November 13, 2020: OHPCA Board of Directors meeting
- August 16-17, 2021: OHPCA’s annual Professional Practices Exchange in Salem RESCHEDULED. Watch for details as they become available!
Elizabeth Wessinger Award recipient announced! Dr. Helen Kao, MD, Medical Director of Clinical Innovations with Lumina Hospice and Palliative Care in Corvallis is being honored as the 2020 recipient of this prestigious award. Congratulations, Dr. Kao, and thank you for the important work you do.
GoFundMe page for Wildfire Relief Fund established to provide financial assistance to member program hospice staff impacted by recent wildfires. DONATE NOW.
“New Options In Palliative Care: Psilocybin Therapy” webinar with Ann Jackson, former CEO – Oregon Hospice Association (1988-2008), Dr. Nick Gideonse, OHSU and Tom and Sheri Eckert, Co-Chief Petitioners of Measure 109. Discussion will cover psilocybin therapy as it stands to benefit end-of-life care in Oregon’s near future. Register HERE.
In This Together bereavement support program for kids and families resumes for a virtual group from November 10 to December 8. View the flyer HERE for more information.
CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Partner) Covid-19 Webinars for OHPCA members can be found HERE.
Hospice Foundation of America Covid-19 Webinars can be found HERE.
You can help OHPCA earn donations just by shopping at Amazon Smile and Fred Meyer! Simply follow the links at the left to enroll, or click on the store links above. For Fred Meyer shoppers, please use NPO #UJ567 (you’ll need to insert this code after linking your Rewards card). That’s it! Happy shopping and thank you.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly committee/networking calls for Provider members:
- Hospice Administrators, Executive Directors or Directors: 1st Thursday of the month, 4:30-5:30p
- Hospice Physicians and Nurse Practitioners: 3rd Thursday of the month; 12-1p.
- QAPI/Regulatory: 2nd Wednesday of the month (except January – 1/8/20), 12-1p
- Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 9-10a
- Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July, September & November, 2-3p
OHPCA Board of Directors meet in February, April, June, September and November with Executive Committee meetings monthly.