The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association Stands Against Racism, Hate and Violence
As a public-benefit organization, OHPCA’s vision is a world where Oregonians facing serious illness have access to high quality hospice and palliative care as they near the end of life. We expect that every life be valued and respected and we believe in care without barriers.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is committed to improving the quality of life for Oregonians at the end of life and supporting the hospice and palliative care organizations that provide care. The OHPCA is committed to promoting equity and reducing the adverse impact of racism and improving the health and well-being of all people living with serious illness, their families, and the healthcare professionals who care for them.
We support policies that address health disparities and inequities in our healthcare system that adversely affect vulnerable populations. The OHPCA is actively working on identifying key areas in which these disparities impact end-of-life care in Oregon and actions to take within our organization. We cannot let racism and disparities in care go unchecked; we are here to support a more just, equitable culture and system for all.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is a statewide public benefit organization helping to ensure Oregonians have access to high quality hospice and palliative care as they near the end of life.
The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association is committed to improving the quality of life for Oregonians at the end of life and supporting the hospice and palliative care organizations that provide care. The Oregon Hospice & Palliative Care Association’s services include public and professional education, advocacy, research, consultation and leadership.
Save the Date
- October 11, 2022: OHPCA Board of Directors meeting
- October 24-25, 2022: WSHPCO’s “Expanding Dimensions in Hospice & Palliative Care” conference in Chelan, WA. View program information HERE.
- October 25-November 29, 2022: “In This Together – Supporting Children & Families in Grief” fall IN PERSON session begins 10/25/22. Registration, information can be found HERE.
Thanks to all who helped make the 2022 PPE such a success! A heart-felt thank you to all the attendees, volunteers, exhibitors, presenters, AV/tech team and the Salem Convention Center for the dedication and support received at our first PPE since 2019; we couldn’t have done it without you.
“In This Together – Supporting Children & Families in Grief” fall IN PERSON session begins 10/25/22. Please view session information, including registration information HERE.
Meet the Associate Members of OHPCA. New! A page for and about our Associate members. A place to learn about others that have an interest in or provide services to hospice and palliative care providers. A place to become an Associate Member of OHPCA. Take a look HERE.
Meetings & Calls Schedule
Monthly committee/networking calls for Provider members:
- QAPI/Regulatory: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 12-1p (June 2022 meeting schedule 6/9/22)
- OHPCA + WSHPCO Inpatient Hospice Directors & Managers: 3rd Tuesday of January, March, May, September, November, 11a-12p
- OHPCA + WSHPCO Volunteer Coordinators: 2nd Thursday of the month in January, March, May, July (meets from 1:30-2:30p), September & November, 2-3p
- WSHPCO and OHPCA Hospice Medical Directors, 3rd Tuesday of the month, 12-1p (June meeting CANCELLED)
OHPCA Board of Directors meet in February, April, June, October and December with Executive Committee meetings monthly.